The migration has been completed but we’re still working through some minor bugs and issues here and there. To update make sure to do the following:
- Login to our new customer portal at https://users.bolehvpn.net and you will be prompted to reset your password. Set a new password.
- Uninstall your previous versions of BolehVPN and if you’re on Windows your TAP adapter too. It is preferable to reboot.
- Download and install the new clients for Windows or Mac. This is mandatory!
- Use your new details to login into the new GUI.
For Linux/iOS/Android users, once logging in just download Linux_IOS inline and follow the same steps.
These are some of the common issues that have cropped up:
- False positive on some antivirus on the new installer. You can verify the installer by going to virustotal.com which should show you that it’s a false positive.
- A few VPN servers have not come on after upgrading and we’re working on restoring this.
Over the next day or so, we are working on
- Standardising our configuration files (we did not want to do this during migration as to add more complexity)
- Fixing any bugs that crop up (Do let us know!)
Thank you for your patience!
We’re undergoing migration to a new backend system. Our user portal will be temporarily unavailable until migration is complete in 2 hours time.
Normal service will resume shortly. Apologies for the trouble.
Our new customer portal has a scheduled launch date of 1 December 2016.
What does this mean to you as a user?
We have taken extra steps to secure our customer’s user data and our new portal will feature beefed up protection. As a result we will be mandating a password reset upon first login once the new portal is live.
Our keys are also being updated with longer key lengths for future proofing and all keys will be completely reissued.
Also as XP/Vista is no longer being updated with security updates and are walking security risks, we will be discontinuing support for these two OSes.
Greater Payment Options
We will support payment options via Paymentwall which allows 150 payment methods with support of over 192 countries. We are also switching from Coinbase to BitPay and are looking to directly integrate to use privacy centric currencies such as Dash, Monero and Zcoin. Zcash will be looked at at a later stage when their code and price is more stabilized.
More efficient loading times
We have completely reworked our portal’s engine which should allow greater scalability under load.
Keys and configurations will be easier to keep up to date
Users who are downloading our keys and configurations manually from our website will now always receive the latest OVPNs and settings.
We will be discontinuing our referral system for the moment until we work out a replacement. Please utilize all your referral points before this date.
We will post more updates as we approach the date so that you can prepare for the update. Once the portal is completed we will move our attention to mobile apps to improve the user experience.
Our Surfing-Streaming Malaysia server will be down for maintenance and we’ll also be taking this time to resolve some hardware issues. We don’t have an ETA yet unfortunately, but we expect this to take no more than a few days.
In the mean time, please use our Fully-Routed Singapore server if you need something in the SEA region.
Update: 29 October 2016
Server is back up and fixed.
Good news, everyone!
Just released a new version of our Mac client. This version will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.7.5 to 10.12, and works fine with Sierra.
You can grab it over here: BolehVPN GUI v2.0.1
If you have the Mac client already installed, please uninstall it and reboot your system before downloading and installing this new version.
For any other details about the Mac install process, do check out our Mac installation guide!